Anyone who has tuned into the news over the past month has been subjected to quite a few headlines that don’t necessarily make one feel good, but we have got one hot off the digital press for you today! As soon as the COVID – 19 virus began it’s spread through the nation, so many businesses out there realized they were going to have to shut down, and the loss of revenue was going to be crippling.
The ingenious minds hard at work at Google wanted to help address these losses and made an announcement 5 days ago that will make a positive difference. They laid forth an $800+ million commitment to help support small and mid-size businesses, governments, health organizations, and health workers putting their well-being on the line every day for the public.
What the commitment entails is a huge opportunity for grants and benefits that will help out those most vital to sustaining our nation. There may be a PPC provider future credit waiting for you from Google ads, among some of these other tools that are a ray of bright light for commerce during these tough times. Here are some details about Google’s fantastic new commitment:
- There is slated to be $250 million in ad grants to offer help to the World Health Organization (WHO) and more than 100 other government agencies worldwide. This will increase their output of critical information on how to prevent illness, and a form of support for local communities. This is a substantial increase from the $25 million that was announced for this purpose just a month ago.
- Access to capital for small businesses will be another solution via a $200 million investment fund that will support NGO’s and financial institutions. One vital component is the work that is being done with the Opportunity Finance Network to help fill gaps in financing for people and communities that sometimes miss chances from mainstream lenders. This is in addition to the $15 million in cash grants that Google.org is currently offering to nonprofits to help with this gaping need.
- $340 million in Google Ads credits will be made available to all SMB’s that have held active accounts spanning the last 12 months. This is one of the most exciting gifts regarding this announcement: the notifications of credit will appear in the Google Ads account, and can be used until the end of 2020. It will be a massive help to businesses of all types, as the cost of advertising is one of the largest hurdles facing anyone in marketing.
- There will also be $20 million in Google Cloud credits that are allocated for research specialists and academic institutions. As they are such valuable assets in the fight against this virus, it will help with their study of raw data, help with vaccine research, and identify winning strategies in keeping us healthy. Qualification and distribution information is found on the Google For Education Site.
- Lifesaving medical devices are going to become a true commodity over the next few weeks, and Google’s partner Magid Glove & Safety will receive direct financial support to produce and distribute 2-3 million face masks in the weeks to come. The production of ventilators will be a prime focus, as employees from Google and others such as Verily join forces to protect so many special and vital lives across our nation.
This made us feel good after learning about it because of just how far of a reach is involved. It is thrilling that companies of this size and stature are willing to step up without hesitation during times of turmoil. We are impressed at the integrity and generosity that Google has displayed, and are excited to see positive solutions that have been stoked from their aggressive giving!